Using our services, you can avail the following benefits:
- Increased patient satisfaction in the level of service provided at your pharmacy
- Adequate pharmacy reimbursement for the cognitive service
- Summary reports with concise interpretation to aid in the care of your patients (along with the appropriate evidence data to support recommendation)
- Opportunity to consult our in-house pharmacists to help understand test interpretation
- Additional training to help pharmacists in the day-to-day care of their patients
Training by qualified pharmacists with pharmacogenomics research background is included as a complimentary addon, to the partnership with your pharmacy. This is an excellent opportunity for pharmacists to further their continuous learning and stay at the cutting edge of the rapidly evolving science of “pharmacogen-o-mics” – the practice of looking at multiple genes to determine drug response.
Practical Application of the Test
Our pharmacogenomic test can be used to predict:
- Concentration of the drug attained in the body
- Likelihood of response to SSRIs versus SNRIs
- Risk of cognitive dysfunction (i.e. memory problems) on certain SSRIs
- Likelihood of response as well as risk of psychosis on stimulants (i.e. methylphenidate)
- Likelihood of response as well as risk of tardive dyskinesia/weight gain on antipsychotics
- Likelihood of experiencing muscle pain on statins, as well as rare ADRs (i.e. carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity & valproic acid hepatotoxocity), to name a few
Please visit our Drug list section for a comprehensive list of drugs tested.